A bowl of creamy pasta with chicken, spring peas, leeks and spinach is exactly what you need for an easy dinner.
- 2 free-range, skinless chicken breasts
- 150g tub Paysan Breton creamy cheese (from Waitrose), or similar
- Finely pared zest of 1 lemon, juice of ½
- 2-3 pinches of chilli flakes, lightly toasted in a dry pan
- 200g Waitrose elicoidali pasta, or similar
- 200g pack Waitrose Ready to Microsteam Garden Peas, Leeks and Spinach, or similar
- 01.Put the chicken breasts in a small pan of cold water over a medium heat. Slowly bring to the boil, skimming off any scum that rises to the surface. Reduce the heat and simmer for 12-15 minutes until cooked through. Remove with a slotted spoon, set aside to cool slightly, then shred into bite-size pieces.
- 02.Mix the creamy cheese with the lemon zest, juice and 2 pinches of chilli flakes, season and set aside.
- 03.Cook the pasta in boiling salted water for 8-10 minutes until al dente. Meanwhile, cook the vegetables according to the packet instructions. Drain the pasta, reserving a couple of tablespoons of the cooking water, then return to the pan with the water, over a low heat. Stir through the creamy cheese and chicken, let them warm through for a minute, then add the vegetables. Season with plenty of pepper and a pinch more chilli flakes, if you wish, then divide between 2 plates and serve.