Serve up this elegant yet speedy starter at your next dinner party. It’s so tasty that no one will guess it takes just 15 minutes to make!
Nutritional info per serving
- Calories 463kcals
- Fat 22g (6.5g saturated)
- Protein 24.3g
- Carbohydrates 40.4g (5.3g sugars)
- Fibre 2.9g
- Salt 2.1g
- 240g pack of peppered smoked mackerel fillets (skin removed)
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp drained capers
- 180g Philadelphia Light cream cheese
- ½ bunch of fresh parsley or dill
- 2 tbsp creamed horseradish
- 8 slices of sourdough toast
- 01.In a food processor whizz the mackerel fillets, the lemon juice and zest, capers, cream cheese, parsley or dill and creamed horseradish. Taste and season, then scrape into a serving bowl.
- 02.Sprinkle with extra chopped herbs, lemon zest and black pepper. Serve with 2 slices of sourdough toast per person.