Table of Contents
Acura MDX PERFORMANCE
The Acura MDX is a mid-size luxury crossover SUV with three-row seating produced by the Japanese automaker Honda under its luxury Acura division since 2000. The Acura MDX Premium Performance SUV. Discover the SUV that suits your lifestyle.
| MDX 2024|
Premium Performance SUV
|Starting Price||$49,850* & Above|
|Max Cargo Volume||95.0 cu. ft.|
|Max Towing Capacity*||5,000 lbs.With SH-AWD|
Acura MDX Engines
The MDX offers the venerable 3.5L V-6, featuring the same engine block as the championship-winning Acura ARX-05 DPi racecar. For the pinnacle of Precision Crafted Performance, MDX Type S delivers 355-HP* from its exclusive 3.0L Turbo V-6 developed by motorsport engineers.
READ ALSO Popcorn Time
Acura MDX INTERIOR & COMFORT
The 2023 Acura-MDX is a premium SUV that offers cutting-edge refinement and supercar handling. The interior of the MDX is ultra-refined and technologically advanced, with an available Iconic Drive™ Ambient Cabin Lighting and premium leather-trimmed interior. The digital Precision Cockpit™ puts all your driving information front and center in brilliant HD. The MDX has three rows of seating, with the third-row seats being cramped and best left to kids.
1. The MDX features precision-crafted premium design and authentic materials, with a panoramic moonroof and Type S design details
2. The MDX also has a variety of audio and connectivity features, including a 10.5-inch full-color Head-Up Display (HUD) and a 12-speaker ELS STUDIO 3D® Premium Audio System
3. The MDX has a variety of safety features, including a Collision Mitigation Braking System™ (CMBS™), Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) with Low-Speed Follow, and Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS)
4. The MDX is powered by a 290-HP 81 V-6 engine mated to a quick-shifting 10-speed automatic transmission that delivers aggressive power and acceleration.
ACURA MDX Innovative Safety Technology
The 2024 Acura MDX is a premium SUV that offers a range of innovative safety features to ensure a safe and comfortable ride. The AcuraWatch suite of advanced safety technologies includes Collision Mitigation Braking System, Lane Keeping Assist System, and Adaptive Cruise Control, which provide drivers with peace of mind on the road.
AUDIO & CONNECTIVITY
The 2017 Acura MDX comes with an 8-speaker, 432-watt Acura audio system with a single-disc CD player and AM/FM/SiriusXM radio bands 1. If you have a specific question about the audio and connectivity features of the Acura MDX, please let me know and I’ll do my best to help you.
ACURA MDX DRIVE MODES
The 2022 Acura MDX comes with the Intelligent Dynamics System (IDS), which offers five driving modes to choose from: Snow, Comfort, Normal, Sport, and Individual. Here’s a brief overview of each mode:
- Snow: Maximises controllability through reduced throttle response. The Auto Idle Stop System will stay disabled regardless of the Auto Idle Stop OFF button 2.
- Comfort: Maximises driver comfort through decreased steering effort. The ride quality is plush and cushioned
- Normal: Balanced response for everyday use. The ride quality is firm and controlled.
- Sport: Enhances vehicle response through increased steering effort, heightened throttle response, modified active sound control, and more responsive handling (if SH-AWD® is equipped). The Auto Idle Stop System will stay disabled regardless of the Auto Idle Stop OFF button.
- Individual: Each category can be customised separately to suit the driver’s preference.
Q: What is Acura MDX known for?
A: The MDX is a functional three-row midsized luxury SUV that’s priced lower than German competitors. The standard 290-hp V6 engine is slick and is paired with a 10-speed automatic, a powertrain that works well. Fuel economy is 20 mpg overall.
Q: Why is MDX so popular?
A: From the safety tech to the available panoramic sunroof, the MDX provides a premium driving experience. Acura took the time to curate an interior that turns your commute into a time you cherish.
Q: What comes standard on an Acura MDX?
A: Every 2024 MDX comes with powered, heated front seats, an electric parking brake, a wireless charging pad, and wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility. Acura installs two displays measuring 12.3 inches each in the gauge cluster and dash.
Q: What does Acura MDX stand for?
The Acura MDX is a mid-size luxury crossover SUV with three-row seating produced by the Japanese automaker Honda under its luxury Acura division since 2000. The alphanumeric moniker stands for “Multi-Dimensional” luxury. It has ranked as the second-best selling mid-size luxury SUV after the Lexus RX in the U.S.
Q: Which country made Acura MDX?
A: The U.S.A.
Yes, Acura vehicles are of Japanese origin, but did you know they’re made right here in the U.S.A.? With a performance-focused luxury vehicle to meet every driving objective, Acura makes everything from the family-focused Acura MDX to the race-inspired supercar known as the Acura NSX (and everything in between).