Afraid of losing contacts, photos and other data on your device, a regular backup android phone to google account can save your all data. You will find various methods on How to Backup Android Phone to Google.
In general, most Android phones offer the option to backup data to Google Drive, manually and automatically on a periodic basis.
For Example, Android phones made by Samsung provide the option to backup data on a Samsung account and an SD card or USB drive.
Both automatic and manual backup android phone to google drive do not include photos and videos.
This means that you will have to either backup photos and videos to your local computer or use the Google Photos app to back up Google Drive.
Note: The process of backup android device to google drive may vary slightly depending on the manufacturer of your device.
How to backup android phone to google account
Now you know how to backup your android phones to google, follow the steps below to back up your Androids device data on Google’s cloud server.
1. Automatically Backup Android Phone to Google Drive
- Open Settings on your Android phone > Account and Backup (or Backup and Reset).
- On the screen, click on the Backup and Restore (or Backup and Reset) option.
- On the next screen, scroll to the “Google Account” section and move the slider next to the back up to turn on your data.
Whenever your Android phones is connected to a WiFi network, it will set your Android phones to automatically backup to a Google account.
2. Manually Backup Android Phone to Google Drive
If you are looking for an update date backup, you can make a backup of your Android phones to Google at any time on your Android phones or tablet. Follow given steps below.
- Go to Settings> Accounts and Backup (or Backup and Reset).
- On the next screen, tap on the Backup and Restore (or Backup and Reset) option.
- Next, tap on the Google Account option located under the “Google Account” section.
- On the next screen, tap the Back Up Now button to initiate a manual backup of the Android phone to Google’s Drive.
What is Included in Google Backup?
Once you allow Google to access and backup your data, the following types of data can be saved on Google Cloud Server.
App data: Only the app related data available on your device will be backed up.
Contacts and Call History: Call history and contacts will be supported on Google Drive.
Device Settings: Some system settings such as date and time, language, display settings, home screen wallpaper, and Wi-Fi network password will be saved in your Google account.
SMS text messages: Only SMS text messages will be back up, MMS attachments will not be included.
Email and Calendar: Email will always be available in your Gmail account. Contacts and calendar events will be sync with Google Calendar on your phone.
- How to Use Google Maps Offline On Android Phone
- How to Restore WhatsApp From Local Backup on Android Phone
We hope now you know how to backup my android phone to google drive by follow above steps. If you are not able to do use chat section to chat with an experts.