If your MacBook has limited SSD storage, you can free up storage space on your device by removing old iPhone backup files from the Mac. Below you will find the steps to Delete iPhone Backups on Mac by Howwikis Team.
Downloading a full backup of the iPhone on a Mac allows you to restore the iPhone if something goes wrong with your iPhone.
However, the practice of downloading up-to-date backup copies of the iPhone on a regular basis leads to the accumulation of old iPhone backup files on your device.
If you don’t see any value or purpose of keeping old iPhone backup files, then you can delete them and get storage space on your device.
You’ll find three different ways to backup and locate iPhone on a Mac.
Steps to Delete iPhone Backups from Mac
Delete iPhone Backup on MacBook Using Finder
1. Connect iPhone or iPad to your Mac.
2. Open Finder on your Mac.
3. On the next screen, select your iPhone in the left-pane. In the right-pane, scroll down and click on the Manage Backup … option.
4. On the window that appears, select the iPhone backup you want to delete and click the Delete backup option.
Selected iPhone backup will be deleted.
Remove iPhone Backup from Backup Folder on Mac
1. Click the Finder icon on the Mac.
2. Next, click on the Go option in the top-menu bar and choose the Go to folder… option.
3. Go to the window, type ~ / Library / Application Support / MobileSync / Backup / and click on Go button.
4. In the Backup folder, select the iPhone Backups you want to delete> right-click the selected backup and click on the Move to Trash option.
Erase iPhone Backup on Mac Using Spotlight Search
1. Click the search icon in the upper-right corner of your Mac.
2. Copy and paste ~ / Library / Application Support / MobileSync / Backup / Spotlight in the search window and press the Enter key.
3. On the next screen, select the iPhone Backups you want to remove> right-click the selected Backups and click on the Move to Trash option.
We hope now you are able to Remove iPhone Backups from Mac, if you are not able to do ask in comment section. We will try to solve your problem with the help of our experts.