Geotagging feature available on most Android phones adds information about when and where photos were taken. To prevent this, you can disable geotagging on Android phone.
These days it is common for people to take photos using smartphones and share photos with others instantly.
However, most users do not realize that when they share photos, they are also giving their exact current location.
Disable Geotagging on Android Phone
By default, the Camera app on Android phones adds geotags for all photos and videos that you use the camera on your phone.
Geotags indicate the exact location where a particular photo was taken, making it easy for anyone to access your current location information.
The good news is that it is possible to prevent the Camera app from including location information in photos by disabling geotagging on Android phones.
1. Disable Geotagging On Android Phone Using Camera App
It is really easy to disable geotagging for photos using the camera app on stock Android phones.
- Open the Camera app on your Android phone or tablet.
- Tap on the gear icon in the upper-right corner of your screen
- On the next screen, scroll down and toggle to save the bottom location in the off position.
Note: On some devices this option can be designated as Geo tag or Location tag.
2. Disable Geotagging on Android Phones Using Settings
Another way to disable geotagging on Android phones is to use the Settings app
- Open Settings> scroll down and tap on Apps.
- Now, scroll down and tap on Camera.
- On the next screen, tap on Permissions.
- On the Application Permissions screen, move the toggle next to the position next to the status.
After this, the Camera app on your iPhone will not be able to access your location information.
3. Completely Disable Location Tracking
If you have a reason, it is possible to completely turn off location tracking for all apps and services on your Android phone.
- Open Settings> scroll down and tap on the location.
- On the next screen, move the toggle to the off position for position.
- You will see a warning pop-up, tap on OK to confirm.
This will turn OFF location tracking for all apps and services on your Android phone.
Note: This can prevent Google Maps and other apps that prevent your location data from working properly on your device.
We hope now you know How to Disable Geotagging on Android Phones by follow above steps. If you are not able to do use chat section to chat with an experts.