Even if you do not have WhatsApp backup on Google Drive, you can restore WhatsApp from local backup on Android phone and recover all your WhatsApp chats and photos.
While the easiest way to recover WhatsApp chat is to restore WhatsApp from Google Drive, it is also possible to restore WhatsApp using a local backup file on your Android phone.
This situation usually arises when users delete a messed up WhatsApp install without a WhatsApp backup on Google Drive.
Steps to Restore WhatsApp From Local Backup on Android Phone
Following are the ways to restore your WhatsApp From Local Backup on Android Phone.
1. Backup WhatsApp to Internal Storage
1. Open WhatsApp on your mobile phone.
2. Tap on 3-dots menu icon and select Settings option in the drop-down section.
3. Next, go to Chats > Chat Backup.
4. On the next, tap on Back Up button to start the process of manual WhatsApp Backup on your mobile phone.
5. Now Wait till the Backup process to be completed.
By doing these above steps you Backup your whatsapp data in Local Storage. For WhatsApp From Local Backup on Android Phone you need to follow next steps too.
2. Restore WhatsApp Using Local Backup
1. To delete WhatsApp on your Android phone, tap Settings> Apps> WhatsApp> Uninstall.
2. Next, download WhatsApp on Google Play Store> your Android phone.
3. Open WhatsApp on your Android phone and tap agree and continue.
4. On the next screen, select the country, enter the phone number and tap on Next.
5. If prompted, verify your phone number by entering a 6-digit code sent to your phone number.
After the phone number is verified, WhatsApp will automatically detect the presence of an existing backup file on your device.
6. On the next screen, tap on the restore button to restore all your WhatsApp chats.
7. Wait for the Restore Process to be complete.
3. Restore WhatsApp from a Previous Local Backup
1. Open the My Files app on your Android phone.
2. On the next screen, tap on internal storage or SD card (if your phone has an SD card).
3. Next navigate to WhatsApp> Database folder.
4. In database folder, see if you can find WhatsApp backup file without date. If you cannot, select the most recent WhatsApp backup file and extract its date.
After renaming the WhatsApp backup file, download WhatsApp from Google Play Store and follow the steps (3 to 7) above to restore WhatsApp from local backup.
Related Blogs: –
I hope by reading this article you may now learn Restore WhatsApp From Local Backup on Android Phone, in this article we provide 3 simple ways to fix it. If you are not able do it ask in comment section we ready to help you.