Over time WhatsApp can easily fill your device with tons of photos and videos. Therefore, we are providing below the steps to transfer WhatsApp photos to SD card on Android phones.
The default trend in WhatsApp is to automatically download and save all received photos and videos on your Android phone to internal device storage.
While this default setting makes it convenient to access WhatsApp photos, it eventually creates thousands of WhatsApp photos to take up storage space on your device.
Transfer WhatsApp Photos to SD Card
To free up storage space on your device, you can either delete WhatsApp photos or transfer WhatsApp to SD card.
Follow given steps to Transfer WhatsApp Photos to SD Card.
1. Transfer WhatsApp Photos to SD Card on Android Phone
- Open the File Explorer app on your Android phone.
- On the next screen, scroll down and tap on Device Storage.
- On the device storage screen, tap on WhatsApp.
- In the WhatsApp folder, tap on the media folder.
- On the next screen, tap on WhatsApp Images Folder.
- When you are in the WhatsApp image folder, tap More> and choose the Edit option in the drop-down menu.
- Next, select the photos you want to transfer to the SD card.
- After selecting Photos, tap More and choose the Move option in the menu that appears.
- On the next screen, select SD card as the new storage location for WhatsApp photos on your Android phone.
- On the next screen, tap the Move Here option.
Now you have All the selected Photos will be move to SD Card.
2. Delete Whatsapp Photos From Android Phone
Another way to clear storage space on Android phones is to delete WhatsApp photos from your device.
- Using File Explorer, tap on Device Storage> WhatsApp> Media> WhatsApp Image Folder.
- In the WhatsApp image folder, tap More> and select the Edit option in the drop-down menu.
- On the next screen, select the photo you want to delete and tap the delete option.
All selected WhatsApp photos will be removed from your Android phone.
- How to Use Google Maps Offline On Android Phone
- How to Restore WhatsApp From Local Backup on Android Phone
We hope now you know How to Transfer WhatsApp Photos to SD Card by follow above steps. If you are not able to do use chat section to chat with an experts.