In this tutorial, we provide two different ways to install WhatsApp on Android tablet, so that you can use WhatsApp on Android tablets, just like you do on your Android phone.
The easiest way to get WhatsApp on Android tablets is to use a workaround to get the web version of WhatsApp (WhatsApp Web) on Android tablets.
The drawback of this method is that you will still need an Android phone or iPhone with an active WhatsApp account.
Use WhatsApp on Android Tablet
The second method below actually downloads WhatsApp from the official WhatsApp download site, using WhatsApp APK files on your Android tablet.
Since this method actually installs WhatsApp on Android tablets, you will be able to use WhatsApp on your Android tablet even if your smartphone does not have WhatsApp.
1. Get WhatsApp on Android Tablet Using WhatsApp Web
If you already have an active WhatsApp account on your iPhone or Android phone, you can use this simple workaround to make WhatsApp on the big screen of your Android tablet.
- Open the Chrome browser on your Android tablet.
- Type web.whatsapp.com in the search bar and tap on the go.
- Since you are visiting the website from a mobile device, you will be sent to the mobile version of WhatsApp (whatsapp.com).
- To access the desktop version of WhatsApp, tap on the 3-dots menu icon and then tap on the desktop site option in the drop-down menu.
This will refresh the page and you will be redirected to web.whatsapp.com, where you will see a QR code on the screen of your Android tablet.
- Now, open WhatsApp on your Android phone, tap on the 3-dots menu icon> WhatsApp Web.
- In case of iPhone, tap on Settings> WhatsApp Web / Desktop.
- On the next screen, tap OK. Get it and scan the QR code displayed on the screen of your Android tablet using your phone’s rear camera.
- After the QR code is scanned, you will immediately see all your WhatsApp messages on the screen of your Android tablet.
Now, you can enjoy almost the full functionality of WhatsApp on the big screen of your Android tablet. You can send and receive WhatsApp messages from the tablet, just like you do on your smartphone.
2. Install WhatsApp on Android Tablet Using APK File
This method installs WhatsApp directly on your Android tablets and you will be able to activate and use WhatsApp on Android tablets without a WhatsApp account on your phone.
Since you will be installing APK files from the official website of WhatsApp and not from the Google Play Store, you will first need to install apps from the Unknown Sources option on your device.
- Open Settings on your Android tablet> scroll down and tap Security.
- On the Security screen, scroll down and toggle on the option for Unknown Sources located under the “Device Administration” section.
- You will see a warning message, tap on OK.
- Now, open the Chrome browser on your Android tablets and go to www.whatsapp.com/android/. Once the page is loaded, click on the Download Now button.
- You can see a warning reading “This type of file may harm your device”, tap on OK to download the WhatsApp.Pak file on your Android tablets.
- After the APK file is downloaded, tap the 3-dot Chrome icon> Download option in the dropdown menu.
- On the download screen, locate and tap the WhatsApp.apk file.
- You have to tap Next to complete the installation. Once the app is installed, you can either on or tap to open WhatsApp on your Android tablet.
Setup and activate whatsapp on android tablet
To complete the setup process of WhatsApp on Android tablets, you have to provide WhatsApp with a mobile phone number, so that WhatsApp can send you a confirmation SMS.
If you do not have a mobile phone number, you can follow the instructions in this guide: How to use WhatsApp without a phone number or SIM.
If you have a mobile phone number, you can follow the steps given below to setup WhatsApp on Android tablet.
- Open WhatsApp on your Android tablets by tapping on the WhatsApp icon.
- On the Welcome screen, tap Agree and Continue. On the next screen, enter your country, phone number and tap on Next.
- Next, you will see the message “SMS verification failed”, tap on call me to get an automatic phone call from WhatsApp.
- On the next screen, verify your phone number by entering the verification code given by WhatsApp.
Once your phone number is verified, WhatsApp will be activated and you will be able to use WhatsApp on your Android tablets.
Send a message to one of your contacts on WhatsApp to check and make sure that the WhatsApp messaging system is working properly on your Android tablet.
Related Post ;- How to Use WhatsApp On PC Without Mobile Phone