If you are printing mostly on a particular printer, you may want to set this printer as the default printer on your computer. You will find below the steps to Set a Default Printer on Windows 10 by Printer Support Helpline.
If you are using a laptop both at home and in the office, you can easily print your grocery list or personal documents on the office printer.
Follow the Steps below to Set a Default Printer on Windows 10
1. Click on the Start button and click on the Settings icon.
2. On the Settings screen, click Devices.
3. On the next screen, select Printers and Scanners in the left pane. In the right-pane, click the printer you want to set as the default, and then click Manage.
4. on the next screen, click on the Set as Default button.
After this, you will go to all your print jobs at your selected default printer.
2. Automatically switch default printers by location
The “Allow Windows to Manage My Default Printer” feature in Windows 10 can automatically switch the default printer based on your location on your computer.
This ensures that when you go home, the default printer on your computer automatically switches from the Office printer to your home printer.
1. Go to Settings> Device.
2. On the next screen, select Printers and Scanners in the left pane. In the right-pane, scroll down and choose Windows to manage my default printer options.
This will automatically switch the default printer on your computer based on the most recently used printer at that particular location.
While this method works well for most users, it can be problematic for those who keep switching to different printers in the office.
In which case, the most recently used printer in the office will become the default printer in your office.
Related Blog: How to Fix Keyboard Missing or Not Appearing on iPhone?
We hope after following these steps you are able to Set a Default Printer on Windows 10.