Google’s Chromecast device can be used to project media from laptops and desktop computers to TVs. Here you will find below the steps to Use Chromecast on a laptop or desktop computer. However, the Chromecast app is no longer supported by Google and using the Google Home app on a mobile device (phone or tablet) is the only way to complete the setup process of a Chromecast device.
Steps to Use Chromecast on Laptop or Desktop Computer
Attach Chromecast Device to TV
1. Plug the HDMI end of the Google Chromecast device into the HDMI port of your home TV, and plug the Chromecast’s USB end into a USB power adapter
2. Next, use the remote control of your home television to change the source input of your TV to match the HDMI port (HDMI 1, HDMI 2….) that contains the Chromecast device plug-in.
3. Press the specified button on the remote control and ensure that the selected HDMI port has a television display change.
Setup Chromecast using Google Home App
After connecting Chromecast to the TV, the next step is to setup the Chromecast device using the Google Home app on any mobile.
1. Download the Google Home App from the Google Play Store or in the case of the iPhone from the App Store.
2. Once the Home app is downloaded, open the Home app and tap on agree to the terms and conditions to accept.
3. On the home screen, tap on the Set up 1 device option.
4. On the next screen, choose Home and tap on Next.
5. Wait for the Google Home app to locate your Chromecast device and tap Yes to continue.
6. Now you should see a code on your TV screen and a code on your phone screen. If you are able to see the code on the TV screen, tap yes.
7. On the next screen, you can either tap Yes, I thank you or not for moving to the next step.
8. Next, choose a location for your Chromecast device and tap on Next.
9. On the next screen, select your WiFi network and tap on Next.
10. Finally, enter your WiFi network password to complete the setup process of your Chromecast device.
We hope now you are able to Use Chromecast on Laptop or Desktop Computer. If you have any doubt you can ask in comment box, our Howwikis Expert will assist you.